Duck Confit Croustade for dinner and Peanut Butter Brownie Pie for dessert. Both took all day to make. Refreshing to spend a day cooking after a couple of weeks of simple meals. Still got it ;)
The training of Korra, I don’t really know why I did this. Sorry if her face is changing at every pose.
Get your Friday morning started off right.
When I was out of town last week, I didn’t use the internet for 7 straight days - the longest I’ve gone in years. It was mostly because the connection there was crap, but it was also kind of nice.
Whenever I go on vacation, I’m going to try to stick not getting on the internet (though I’ll probably cave and post a picture or two at times).
You stop focusing on what others are doing and saying, and it helps you to focus on yourself. I felt so mentally refreshed when I got back since my mind was filled with my feelings and memories instead of everyone else’s. Sometimes a mental holiday is just as good for you as a physical one.
Layered Passion Fruit Butter Cake w/Coconut Cream Frosting & Pineapple Flowers | The Moonblush Baker
This is the first time I’ve done one of these too! Thanks for tagging me, sweetlydangerousdeeds.
Rule 1: Always post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 9 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to this post.
Rule 4: Actually tell them you tagged them.
1. If you could have an all expense paid vacation anywhere for 1 week, where would you go?
Hng… that’s a hard one. I’d probably go to the French Riviera (all expense paid?! hell yeah!) and then I’d be able to day trip around France and Italy.
2. If your 10-year-old self could see you today, what would they find surprising?
Hahaha… pretty much everything. I’m not a soft ball playing veterinarian like I hoped I’d be. I’m a martial arts wielding marketing/design person who can cook instead of burn things. I still like Pokemon though. :P
3. If you could pick one chore you’d never have to do again, what would it be?
Cleaning the bathroom. Come on “design of the future” concepts! Where’s my self-cleaning toilets?!
4. What is one thing you are irrationally afraid of?
Blood. Trying to desensitize myself to it, but I get sick whenever I see it.
5. Roller coasters or Water slides?
6. You have friends coming over for dinner, what do you make?
Well now hon, it would COMPLETELY depend on the season. But if I were to make the dinner today - late summer in the south, I would start out with a chilled gazpacho Andaluz. Then we’d move on to some fresh grilled gulf shrimp skewers on top of a bed of arugula tossed in lemon dressing. The main course would be some delicious Chicken Sate with a spicy peanut sauce, minced cucumber served in lettuce wraps. Dessert would be something cool and simple, like a homemade berry sorbet. [If I invite you over to dinner, you know I love you.]
7. Would you rather compete in a push-up, sit-up, or pull-up contest?
Sit-ups, no question.
8. What else do you regularly use besides Tumblr (Instagram, Facebook, etc.)?
YouTube and Facebook. Don’t have an instagram, vine, twitter, and avoid pinterest like the plague.
9. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Nine New Questions from Me:
1. Where is your favorite place to be?
2. What season of the year do you look forward to?
3. What is the one food item (sweet or savory) you would never turn down?
4. If you could control any element, what would it be and how would you use it?
5. You’re all alone on a tropical island paradise with a fruity beverage in hand, crystal blue waters in front of you and white sand all around. Do you: feel at peace being alone and disconnected from the world? enjoy it, but wish you had someone with you? feel uncomfortable sitting around doing nothing? whip out your cell phone and book the next flight home?
6. What is your favorite movie? (lolz at the people I’m tagging)
7. What song have you had stuck in your head this week?
8. You’re feeling adventurous. What do you go out and do?
9. It’s your birthday! What kind of dessert do you want lit on fire and set before you?
sellaphix (I think sweet tagged you in hers too :P)
Back in town after spending last week in Alaska! It was an AMAZING trip. I will be posting pictures on my travel blog [dual-wielding] later this week. I’ve also been bit by the travel bug, so I’ll be doing more posts over there than usual for a while.